McHenry County Human Race is a great family fun racing event. This 5K CARA Certified walk/run allows participants to choose which organization will receive the proceeds of their race fee and any fundraising they choose to do. The race annually takes place at McHenry County College on the fourth Sunday in April at 8AM.
In its first seven years, the Human Race supported over 70 local organizations serving McHenry County and raised over $516,000!
This is a great community event that highlights and strengthens the missions of local nonprofit organizations.
GET YOUR HERO ON -Registration details to remember
- $30.00 Dec 1 to Dec 31
- $35.00 January 1 to March 31
- $40.00 April 1 to April 18 at 7AM
- $15.00 Kids under 10 years old (coupons do not apply to this age group)
- Virtual racers see registration for pricing
- $45 Bib and T-shirt Pick-up - April 21, 11AM to 2PM at MCC
- $45.00 Day of April 22 from 6:30 to 7:30AM
*Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Fees listed above do not include the processing fee.
Chip Timing for all but Toddler Race
- Get your time on your phone immediately after finishing
- Results will also be available on a print out inside MCC and posted on this race site.
Race Day Schedule
- 6:30 AM Registration, Bib and T-shirt Pick-up, and Expo Open to Public
- 7:45 Stretching at the start line
- 7:55 Opening Ceremony
- 8 AM Race Begins
- Food and Drink for Racers Following the Race inside MCC
- 9 AM Race Awards inside MCC
- xpo 6:30 AM to 10:30 - DJ, visit nonprofit booths, photos, food, local venders, and more
Early Bib and T-shirt Pick-up
- April 21: 11AM to 2PM at McHenry County College in Building B Cafeteria, 8900 RT 14, Crystal Lake, IL 60012
- If picking up for a group email the names and either their phone number or address to email@example.com by April 17. Put group pick up in the subject line.
- Dress as a hero at bib pick-up and have a chance at winning $150 for a participating charity!
- Awards will be given to the top male and female finishers. Medals are given to the first three individuals to complete the race in the following categories: 14& Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64,65-69, 70 and over
- Virtual race awards: Overall 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
Volunteer Center provides a total of $2,400 in cash prizes to participating charities Invite others to the race - help win charities these prizes:
- MCHENRY COUNTY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION AWARD $600! Second prize $150 – Charity with most race participants
- GENERAL KINEMATICS AWARD $400: To the top fundraising organization
- To be named soon! $200: The top fundraising individual will choose which the organization will receive the $200.00
- Social Media Award $200: For charities only, this winner is based on social media activity Use #HumanRace
- "RACE DAY" PICTURE AWARD $200: The winning individual chooses which charity will win the prize money. (charities cannot submit)
- BEST-DRESSED HERO AT PACKET PICK-UP AWARD $150: The winning individual chooses which charity will win the prize money.
- OVER ALL FIRST PLACE RUNNER AWARD $100: Winner will choose which charity receives the $100
- OVER ALL FIRST PLACE WALKER AWARD $100: Winner will choose which charity receives the $100
- MYSTERY BIB NUMBER AWARD $100: Winner will choose which charity receives the $100
- GENERAL KINEMATICS CHARITY CREATIVE RACE DAY PICTURE OF HEROES AWARD $100: Only charities can submit for this prize
- $100 BIGGEST TEAM AWARD: The Team (Not led by a charity) will choose which charity receives this award money
*Charities must be registered before April 1, 2018 in order to qualify for a prize. Charities are only able to win one main prize each yea
Race and Event Location
- McHenry County College, 8900 US RT 14, Crystal Lake IL 60012
- Volunteers will help you find parking on site
Rain or Shine
- This event will take place rain or shine, so please dress accordingly.
Selfies and Fun!
- Be ready with your phone. We will have superheroes ready for smiles
- 5K participants have 1.25 hours to complete the course. The course has a rolling street closure. If you fall behind this pace, the roads will be reopened to normal traffic and you will be a pedestrian and subject to normal traffic rules.
- Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else.
- Race bibs are required to participate. Children in strollers do not require a bib
- *Sorry animals are not allowed on McHenry County College property
- For Virtual Race information click here
- Photos will be taken by volunteers throughout the race and event area. Photos can be found and downloaded on our Facebook Page. All photos taken by Volunteer Center McHenry County may be used for future marketing purposes.
- CARA Certified IL15031JW
- For the safety of all participants, the following are prohibited: dogs, bicycles, in-line skates, skateboards and all motor-driven vehicles.
- Course is an out and back that begins on the MCC campus, travels down Tartan Dr. to Ridgefield Rd., and back to MCC (blacktop and concrete)